Want to find more information about Dinner's Done Personal Chef Service?
Call: 215-804-6438
Email: DinnersDonePA@comcast.net
Visit: www.DinnersDonePA.com
Sign up for my monthly e-newsletter: Click Here

COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Squash Pickles

Yesterday, I was fortunate to once again cook at my CSA, Blooming Glen Farm.  I've done this for a number of years--making some tasty recipes from the great produce that the folks are picking up.  It's always fun to talk food with people who really appreciate it!

I'll be there again on August 8.  Looking forward to it!

I promised that I'd post the recipes that I made, so that's what I'm doing.  Here's the first. 


SUMMER SQUASH PICKLES
These tangy pickles--slightly sweet and spicy--are a great addition to any picnic!

INGREDIENTS
4 cups zucchini and/or yellow squash, cut in 1/8" slices
1 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp mustard seed
3/4 tsp kosher salt
  • Combine squash, onion and garlic in a large bowl or in jars.
  • Combine rest of ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.  Stir until sugar is dissolved.
  • Pour hot liquid over veggies, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.  It's that simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment