I used lettuce at the farm since spinach and arugula weren't available and it was great. But the spinach and arugula add even more variety to the flavors.
GRILLED CANTALOUPE AND PEACH SALAD (adapted from Cooking Light magazine)
1 Tbsp soy sauce
3-4 ripe peaches, pitted
3 Tbsp lime juice
3 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp canola oil
1/4 tsp garlic, minced
1/8 tsp kosher salt
3 cups baby arugula, about 3 oz
3 cups baby spinach, about 3 oz
1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cantaloupe, seeded and cut into 6 wedges
3 Tbsp walnuts, chopped and toasted
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Clean and oil the grate.
- Place peaches, cut-side down, on grill. Grill for 2-3 min or until starting to get grill marks and flesh is starting to soften.
- Rub more oil on grill grates and place cantaloupe slices on grill for about 1-2 min per side, or until starting to get grill marks and flesh is starting to soften.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, lime juice, honey, oil, garlic and salt.
- Combine arugula, spinach, celery, onion and pepper in a large serving bowl. Remove melon from rind and dice into bite-sized pieces. Dice peaches as well. Toss with greens. Drizzle with dressing to taste.