Want to find more information about Dinner's Done Personal Chef Service?
Call: 215-804-6438
Email: DinnersDonePA@comcast.net
Visit: www.DinnersDonePA.com
Sign up for my monthly e-newsletter: Click Here

COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Great Licorice

Black licorice is a love it/hate it kind of food, isn't it?  Some kids pick out all the black jelly beans and toss them.  Others pick them out and eat them. 

Well, I'm one of the latter--I love it.  Jelly beans, Twizzlers, Sambuca, whatever.  Have you ever tried licorice tea?  Yum.


Thanks, Santa!
 Well this year Santa went out of his way and got me some licorice for me stocking.  According to the candy store owner where Santa found them, he thinks that they are the best licorice you can find.  I can't argue with him.

You know by now that I'm a supporter of local foods, but this stuff comes from New Zealand.  It's made by a company called RJ's and the kind I have is their "Soft Eating" version--big logs of soft and chewy goodness.  Not too sweet and full of real licorice flavor.  Check out their website and see some of their other products--black licorice with filled with chocolate!? I have to get some of those. 

I've been good--there's still 2 or 3 left in the bag.  But they easily could have been gone after about 10 minutes.  If you can find them, and you're a licorice fan, you HAVE to try them.  You won't be disappointed.  If you can't find them...well, be a good boy or girl and maybe Santa will bring you some next Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment