It's from Ted Reader's Hot and Sticky BBQ cookbook.
THE ORIGINAL HAM-BURGER
Makes 12 burgers
1 lbs ground pork
1 lb (1/4" thick) slice smoked ham or back bacon, diced
1 onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1 tsp ground dried sage
Pinch cayenne pepper
Salt to taste
12 burger buns
1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine pork, ham, onion, garlic, mustard, parsley, black pepper, red pepper, sage, cayenne and salt.
- Form into 12 equal-sized patties. (A flatter burger will cook more evenly and faster than a more ball-shaped burger.)
- Grill burgers 4-5 min per side for medium-well. (They will be dry if you overcook.)
- Brush buns with melted butter and grill cut-side down until crisp and golden brown.
- Top with your favorite cheese, veggies, mustard...whatever you want!