Here's an easy way to make some new potatoes while you have the grill heated up. The recipe calls for parboiling them, but to speed things up a little bit, I've microwaved them (on high for 3 minutes and then 1 minute intervals after that until softened).
Grilled New Potatoes and Onions adapted from Hot and Sticky BBQ by Ted ReaderServes 6-8
INGREDIENTS1 lb new potatoes
1 lb sweet onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tsp cracked black pepper
Salt to taste
1. Boil potatoes in a large pot of salted water for 10-12 min or until just tender. Drain, cool under cold water and pat dry. Cut in half.
2. Slice onions into ½” slices.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high.
4. In a large bowl, toss together, potato halves, onion slices, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, pepper and salt. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
5. Grill potatoes and onions 10-12 minutes or until hot and slightly charred.
6. Chop into bite-sized pieces and dress with marinade before serving.