Want to find more information about Dinner's Done Personal Chef Service?
Call: 215-804-6438
Email: DinnersDonePA@comcast.net
Visit: www.DinnersDonePA.com
Sign up for my monthly e-newsletter: Click Here

COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sweet Potatoes, cont.

Well, I made the Irish Potato Candy.  Did you try?  In case you didn't, but might try it, here are a couple of things I found as I made them.  (See my post with the recipe, if you haven't already.)

The recipe says it makes 60 candies, but mine only made about 40.  I think some of my potatoes are pretty big, though.  After you add the confectioners' sugar, it takes a while to beat to a smooth consistency--it seems like it will never get there, but it does.  Just use a high speed on your mixer.  And it's definitely worth adding 1/2 a tablespoon of cocoa to the cinnamon.  It adds a really good flavor.

I'll tell you one thing.  They're tasty.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment