Want to find more information about Dinner's Done Personal Chef Service?
Call: 215-804-6438
Email: DinnersDonePA@comcast.net
Visit: www.DinnersDonePA.com
Sign up for my monthly e-newsletter: Click Here

COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

You're a What?

Although the personal chef industry is growning, there are a lot of people who don't understand what it is I do.  Many think I'm a caterer or cook meals to order for wealthy people.  Neither are the case.

To put it very basically, I cook everyday dinners for people who don't like to cook, can't cook or just don't have the time to cook.  I do a detailed survey with the client to find out what they like, don't like, can or can't eat, etc.  Then from that information, I come up with a menu for the client to approve. 
Food from a personal chef service cooling
before packaging.

Once approved, we schedule a cook day.  It's on this day that I go out and do all the shopping, haul all of my equipment to the client's home, cook up all the food, package it for the fridge or freezer, label everything with reheating instructions, clean up.  I leave the client's fridge and freezer full of delicious, custom-made dinners that they can enjoy with very little effort on their part.  I leave the kichen sparkling clean and smelling yummy.   

 This isn't just for the very wealthy.  If a family of 4 went to Olive Garden 5 times, they would pay virtually the same as they would pay me to make them 5 meals.  That doesn't include drinks, desserts, appetizers, waiting for a table, noisy dining areas, traffic and all the other things that often come with eating out.  Plus, you get to eat your tasty dinner in your sweats if you want!

I just came across a good article about some personal chefs in Connecticut (in The Stamford Times).   It features 2 chefs.  The first one sounds a little bit more like me than the second--he made a career change to become a PC.  Don't forget to check out my website (at the top of this page) and let me know if you have any questions!

I hope this helps to take some of the mystery out of what a personal chef does and lets you see how I could take some of the stress out of your dinner time!

No comments:

Post a Comment