Want to find more information about Dinner's Done Personal Chef Service?
Call: 215-804-6438
Email: DinnersDonePA@comcast.net
Visit: www.DinnersDonePA.com
Sign up for my monthly e-newsletter: Click Here

COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Fresh Thanks


I just want to thank everyone for making "Take Back Your Kitchen: A Screening of Fresh: The Movie" such a huge success last night at The County Theater.  We sold out the theater--we were thrilled with that.  And I think (and hope) that everyone there had a good time, was energized by what we saw on the screen and got a little bit more informed from our panel of experts.

A huge thank you to our panel: Lynne, Henry, Tom, Christy & Ryman.  What a great group to hear from about celebrating our local foods!  They did a great job working to promote the event, as well.  Also thanks to the staff at the theater--especially Chris Collier, who really helped to make this thing happen.

It was quite a day for me.  My dad, Jake & I went to the Phillies game.  It was scorching hot, but we survived by drinking lots of water.  The breeze helped, too.  With the Phils leading 12-2, knowing that I had to get to the event, and when we saw the storm coming through Center City, we decided (about 5 minutes too late, it turned out) to leave. 

As we walked to the car, the storm hit.  Maybe you saw it on the news--straight line winds of 75 mph, incredibly heavy rain, hail, the works.  I had poor Jake on my shoulders and just kept yelling to him to keep his eyes shut and that it was going to be all right.  When the hail started, I had to walk backwards so we weren't getting pelted in our faces.  It was raining so hard, you literally couldn't see to walk.

We made it to the car--finally--and Jake was pretty shaken up.  For good reason.  He's OK now.

Then the ride home began.  Took forever to get out of the parking lot, 95 South was closed, so we tried to go on the Schuylkill, but the wind had blown over a tractor-trailer and it was backed up.  Tree branches everywhere.  What a mess.  MB met us in Doylestown with a change of clothes for me--I could not have been any wetter--and I somehow changed in her car (don't ask).  We walked out of the stadium at about 3:30 and I walked into the theater at 6:40.  That's a long drive.

But we made it through and Fresh was a success.  So thanks again and maybe we'll do something like this again someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment