Molten Mocha Cakes (makes 8 individual cakes)
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
1 c (2 sticks) butter
2 c powdered sugar
1/2 c General Foods International Coffee (or similar product)--any flavor
4 egg yolks
3/4 c flour
Powdered sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Butter eight 3/4 c custard cups, ramekins or souffle dishes. Place on cookie sheet.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwavable bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar and flavored instant coffee until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour. Divide batter among cups.
- Bake 14-15 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 1 minute, then run small knife around cakes to loosen. Invert cakes onto dessert dishes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with raspberries, if desired.
- Make-ahead: Bake as directed above. Cool slightly, then cover cups with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 2 days. Place cups on cookie sheet. Reheat in 425 degree oven for 12-13 minutes. (I know this doesn't seem like it would work, but it does.)
- We even had a left over one and it sat in the fridge for a number of days. A quick 30 second zap in the micro and it was good as new.