Want to find more information about Dinner's Done Personal Chef Service?
Call: 215-804-6438
Email: DinnersDonePA@comcast.net
Visit: www.DinnersDonePA.com
Sign up for my monthly e-newsletter: Click Here

COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Musings

Hi.  Sorry it's been so long since I've posted.  I'm sure all 4 of you readers really missed it.

Monday was Mary Beth's birthday.  We had ordered some arbors to be made out in Amish country when we were there in May and decided that since we had to pick them up, MB would get her free Shady Maple Smorgasbord birthday meal while we were at it.  We made it with about 6 minutes to spare for breakfast.  We brought a camera to take a picture of our overflowing plates, but to be honest, we forgot.  I believe that there's actually cholesterol floating in the air there and that impaired our thought process. 

The food is pretty good, though.  Just not very good for you.  I had a western omelet; bacon; some sort of quiche thing that looked somewhat healthy (had veggies), but hidden inside was a sausage patty; lotsa bacon; French toast strips; turkey and pork sausages; turkey bacon; creamed dried beef (SOS) over hash browns; and more, I'm sure.  Oh, did I mention bacon?  MB had 2 huge plates of SOS & chocolate chip/blueberry sweet potato pancakes and other sundry breakfast foods.  It's a wonder we didn't just keel over right there. 

We did find a bunch of nice local veggies for us and for the cook day I did yesterday.  One guy even had his own tomatoes!  I've waited so long for real tomatoes. 

I'll be doing some cooking demos at the Ottsville Farmers' Market on Friday from 3-7PM.  Lots of great stuff there--including a great chocolatier, some incredible seafood, veggies from Blooming Glen Farm and others, and much more.  I'll be making some stuff using the things being sold at the market.  The market is located at Linden Hill Gardens, 8230 Easton Rd (Rt. 611) in Ottsville.  Come check it out.  I'll also be appearing at the Indian Valley and Plumsteadville Grange Farmers' Markets throughout the summer (3 dates at each, including Ottsville).  I'll write a post with those dates soon.

Don't forget the screening of Fresh: The Movie at The County Theater in Doylestown, June 24, 7PM.  Check out my previous post for more information about the film, our discussion panelists and how to register for the event.  It'll be an enlightening, fun and energizing evening.  Tell your friends!  We want to fill that theater!

No comments:

Post a Comment