Want to find more information about Dinner's Done Personal Chef Service?
Call: 215-804-6438
Email: DinnersDonePA@comcast.net
Visit: www.DinnersDonePA.com
Sign up for my monthly e-newsletter: Click Here

COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Trick or Treat!

Halloween is just a few days away.  As usual, I'm hoping that we don't get many kids showing up so I can have all the left-over candy.  I can always sneak some of Jake's...

In the US, we spend over $2 billion each year on Halloween candy--a huge chunk of candy makers' annual income.  So what kinds of candy are the favorites?  That's a little hard to figure out.

There are loads of lists and surveys that give you "favorite" Halloween candy and they're all different.  But there are some trends.

Chocolate candy almost always tops the lists (Snickers and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups usually).  But Candy Corn is also up there--for whatever reason.  Those little waxy things are gross if you ask me.  Ask Jake, and he'll say that he loves them.  I guess that's why these lists are all different.

What would I like if I went out Trick-or-Treating?  Snickers & Reese's are good for me.  I like Milky Ways, too (especially the dark chocolate).  Smarties are good--and nostalgic.  Starbursts.  Oh, and York Peppermint Patties.  Does anyone give Heath bars for Halloween?  I love them.

For some reason, there was an article on MSNBC's website that listed the "healthiest" candies--kind of an oxymoron.  They were Jolly Ranchers, Blow Pops, Gobstoppers, Pixy Stix and Candy Corn.  The least healthy?  Mr. Goodbar, NutRageous, Snickers, Baby Ruth and Mounds.  Not coincidentally, those "unhealthy" choices are the best tasting.

What candy are you giving out this year?  Or are you giving out something else like toothbrushes or pencils (and then waiting to get your house egged)?  Leave a comment and let me know!

Have fun and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment