Want to find more information about Dinner's Done Personal Chef Service?
Call: 215-804-6438
Email: DinnersDonePA@comcast.net
Visit: www.DinnersDonePA.com
Sign up for my monthly e-newsletter: Click Here

COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It Was 30 Years Ago Today...

As hard as it is to believe, today marks the 30th anniversary of the murder of John Lennon.  (Can I really be that old?)  I distinctly remember that day--actually, I remember the next day.

I was only 13 years old, but, probably thanks to my Aunt Steph, was a huge Beatles fan.  As usual, Dad woke me up and had WAEB-AM on the radio in the kitchen.  We both heard the news report part-way through:  "...shot 6 times."  We didn't know who it was who was killed.

When I got to school, before home room, we all gathered in the gym.  It was there that I heard that it was John Lennon who had been killed.  Even at that young age and 10 years after the Beatles broke up, we knew that it was kind of an earth-shaking event. 

I guess his life ending as it did--in violence after he finally had come to peace with his life and gone back into the recording studio--adds to his legend.  But it sure makes you wonder what he might have done in these last 30 years. 

At the risk of being sappy....

And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make.

No comments:

Post a Comment