CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD
2 c flour
3/4 c cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 c sugar
3/4 c vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 c grated zucchini
1 c chopped nuts (optional)
1 c chocolate chips
- Combine first 4 ingredients and set aside.
- Beat eggs; add sugar, oil & vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and mix well.
- Add zucchini, nuts (if using) and chips. Once again, mix well.
- Pour into greased pans (makes 3 8x4 or 2 9x5 loaves or about 18-20 muffins)
- Bake 45-60 minutes for loaves, 20-25 minutes for muffins or until bread or muffins spring back when pressed with your finger. Don't over bake or they'll dry out. It's better to err on the side of underdone than overdone.